About


About my posts
If you would like to have some fun reading, you can proceed reading this blog. Othewise, I am sorry! If you are a fan of serious fiction, these stuffs are not meant for you. I am not Charlie Chaplin. So don't expect my posts to be very humorous. I am not Shakespeare. So dont expect my posts to be like 'Julius Caesar' or like 'The Tempest'!!

Disclaimer
For authenticity, the author has used names of some real places, people and institutions as they represent cultural icons of today and aid blog writing. There is no intention to imply anything else.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

MOM

I hadn't been writing a blog for so long. I had got no time to traverse through the cob web stitched with my thread of thoughts. During a casual chat with an old school mate of mine, my blogs came into picture. When she asked me why I didn't write of ‘MOM’, I was confused. When I had entitled my blog as ‘MOM’, I doubt how many of you would have thought of your own mother who had carried you in her womb for ten months and the one who took hardships to make you abler and stronger to be what you are now. When this old pal of mine had mentioned ‘MOM’, I thought of my own mother who stays 2900 kilometers away from where I am right now. But my characteristic behavior to look at a phrase through different angles made me google for the word ‘MOM’. To my amazement, the first result that came up was not ‘mother’ but ‘Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM)’. India’s leap to Mars though this mission had made us proud of our nation. I know nothing much of Mars except that it’s a planet in outer space. Yeah, correct me. It’s a planet in the solar system orbiting next to the Earth. Yes. Yes. Yes. I had not forgotten what my science teacher had taught me in third standard. I had seen lot many posts in Facebook appreciating the people who had worked behind this mission. I do salute and applaud those great scientists and I respect your work to the core. Let us be proud of our nation and our achievement.

It’s the Indian’s common behavior to offend anything and everything. When India made a giant leap to outer space, there were statistical surveys to divide the amount spent on India’s Mars Orbiter Mission to see how much each Indian would have got if it was divided among the whole population. I had noticed that someone had reverted to one such survey as follows: “The Rs.4.54 billion can be used to give Rs.4.54 to each one of us - a billion Indians, and that might (hypothetically) feed us all a single meal for a day (it wouldn't). But after that single meal has been consumed and excreted out, we are back to square one.

I completely agree to what my fellow citizen had told. If you are too bothered about the money spent on the space mission, just try to avoid eating a pizza from Dominos or avoid a trip to KFC. Why just four and half rupees? You can save enough money to satisfy the hunger of at least two babies who cry for their one time meal. I plead my fellow citizens to refrain themselves from doing worthless surveys and I beseech them to do something that will help India to develop further into a developed country. When a country is developed, there would be no poverty and famine. In countries like USA, the fellow politicians shake hands, appreciate each other, support each other and promote the country’s growth. Here if a politician does the same, he gets kicked out of his seat. Shashi Tharoor who had served as an official spokesperson for the Congress party from January to October 2014 was dropped from his position in the party on 13th October 2014 following a disciplinary action for praising Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi and his “Swachh Bharat” campaign. To my understanding, it’s just the Congress’ suspicion that what will happen if someone think that their opposition party BJP is more efficient that led to the disciplinary action against the fellow comrade. What will you loss if you praise someone when they do well? Dr. Puratchithalaivi Jayalalitha was arrested for a scam. Right. She did wrong. She was arrested. There were lot of posts flowing through social media to criticize her. Where were you when she had opened restaurants whole over Chennai where food was served for unimaginably low price? Where were you when she had supplied water and butter milk to the people during the hot summer absolutely free of cost? And from where did all your fury sprout out when she had a bad time?

There are good and bad times for all of us. To err is human. Can you say that you had never sinned in your life? Can you ever say that you had never done a wrong doing? If you look around, even the dirtiest and the wicked person would be having some good quality. I humbly request my fellow citizens to be more optimistic and to applaud people when they do good deeds. Sometimes your appreciation can cause a changeover. There are stories of people who had changed upon hearing a good word from someone or when someone had shown mercy on them. You cannot baptize the whole world. Live well. Do well. As Mahatma Gandhi had said, “Be the change you want to see in the society”. Thank you dear reader for spending your time on my blog. Wish you a great time ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment